Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party!

Notices

Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party! Topics relating to the year-long game at awesomehouseparty.com belong here.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:55 AM   #1
montitech
Foster's Legend

Default April Update

Looks like the April update is released,

I am about to log in now,
The splash screen says that new features and functionallity comming soon. so the game may continue to grow in comming up months.

I will post info on the 2 minigames in this thread.

edit: so far I only got half the update. the decorations have been taken down, but in the 2 acounts I logged into the minigames were not added. (yet)

Monty

Last edited by montitech; 04-16-2007 at 06:14 AM.
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:38 AM   #2
coco_4_ever
At Home
♥ Buddy's (So Far): 35 ♥  

Send a message via ICQ to coco_4_ever Send a message via AIM to coco_4_ever Send a message via MSN to coco_4_ever Send a message via Yahoo to coco_4_ever
Thumbs up

Frozen Frenzy
Lv 1 - What's The Scoop - 2000
Spaceship Wallpaper
Airlock Windows
Robo Lamp
Robo Suit
Body Guard Buddy
Fun-tastic - Music

Lv 2 - Lazy Sundae - 2200
Lv 3 - Brain Frezze - 2000

Stack 3 Matching Scoops Of Ice Cream by a cone of the same color to make the cone dissapear.
Get rid of all cones to go to the next level.
You Can also get rid of extra cream by stacking 4 matching scoops in a row vertically or horizonally without a cone.
In game 3 Bloo, Will try to add cones to the board - make any match to slow him down.

When Junk Attacks
Lv 1 - Hunk Of Junk - 3100
Ticketbooth Lamp
Mask Window
Fortune Teller Lamp

Puppies - Buddy

Lv 2 - Scrap Happy - 3200
Lv 3 - Rest In Pieces - 3300

Junk Creatures Are Taking Over The Junkyard!
Jump And Hit The Floor Underneath To Flip Them Over.
Then Jump And Kick Them Off The Board.
Be Careful: If You Wait Too Long, They'll Get Back Up And Be Even Faster.

Last edited by coco_4_ever; 04-16-2007 at 09:49 AM.
coco_4_ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:49 AM   #3
Chazz93
Newly Abandoned

Default Possible Bug?

After logging into the game, going on my adventure, doing my chores and favor, and playing and beating the first level of the ice cream game I went and looked at my photo albums.

I had previously completed the IF, Wilt, and Eduardo albums but as I was looking through them I noticed that I was missing one picture each from the Wilt and Eduardo album. Picture 9 from Eduardo and picture 38 from Wilt.

I then went and checked the minigames and it appears as though level 1 of All Washed Up has re-set itself.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Chazz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:52 AM   #4
coco_4_ever
At Home
♥ Buddy's (So Far): 35 ♥  

Send a message via ICQ to coco_4_ever Send a message via AIM to coco_4_ever Send a message via MSN to coco_4_ever Send a message via Yahoo to coco_4_ever

yea that happens now and then to alot of people
Old 04-16-2007, 10:35 AM   #5
Owly
Newly Abandoned

Default The second mini-game

The second mini-game brings back really fond memory of the Atari Mario Bros. game where the enemies were turtles, crabs and other bugs and it used to be my favorite game

My suggestion is to flip the junks right on the edge so they either fall off (when really close to the edge) and save you the trouble of going up to finish them or they sit on the edge and become obstacles so other junks can't get down. Grab the invincibility whenever it appears since you can destroy all enemies (including the bombs) by walking pass them in this mode. The tool boxes are worth double the points of the junks. And the purple junks tend to move faster than the blue ones so tackle those first if you have a choice.

After finishing the April update we should have up to #53 in the Mac & Bloo Album and there are altogether 92 pictures in it now. So far only adventure pictures are included in this one and if the same rule continues to apply, we are looking at quite a few more updates in the future

Last edited by Owly; 04-16-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:57 AM   #6
Vicks
At Home

Some advice for the Frozen Frenzy game:

Try to make as many chains of ice creams you can in a row. What I mean by this is if you have a strawberry and chocolate next to it, but below, try to make it so that when you get the 3 strawberries in a row, 3 chocolates will drop down and get the chocolates right after. You'll get a x2 bonus. If you can get a chain of 3 drop, that's even better.

I was able to get the high score by Level 14 or 15 by trying to get as many x2's as I could.
~Vicks

If you don't get what I mean, let me know and I'll pm you a screen shot.
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:14 AM   #7
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owly View Post
The second mini-game brings back really fond memory of the Atari Mario Bros. game where the enemies were turtles, crabs and other bugs and it used to be my favorite game

Mario Brothers is actually Nintendo. (yes it was on the 2600) but it is one of the first Nintendo Arcard Games, it was common to see Mario Brothers in the late 80's doubled up with or near Duck Hunt.

Basic tips, if you hit an enemy from directly underneath and he lands there. hit him from a angle and he will arc to the side instead of going strait up. You can hit more than one at a time if they are close together. It is better to try to hit them on the top row. alternate sides frequently otherwise they slip down to your level. If you flip on over and do not collect it, when the other baddies bump into it they change directions. this can be used to keep them on the top platform.
Take your time, and practice. it takes about 20 levels to get the high score.

As for the ICe cream game, it is like vic said, get combos to get the best multipliers, I also got High score around level 15. Do not forget to rotate the pieces by using the z. to prevent running out of time (this happened to me on one level) use the Down arrow when you have a scoop aligned. I think this game is more similar to "Dr Mario" which was a varient off the game Collumbs(sp) this is different from tetris in many ways. so please no one compare it to tetris because it is not. try to line things up vertically. for example if you have a Strawbery comb next to a chocolate, and you get a chocolate,strawbery scoop, then make sure the flavor matches the column even if the combes are at different levels, it will help create combos. If you make a mistake with the virtical column. remember you can take away by forming a Horizontal row of the same flavors. the longest line of a single flavor without a combo is 8, I have not done this yet, but I did have a 7 and many 5,6.

Monty

here are some of the newer buddies from the last few weeks,:

Last edited by montitech; 04-22-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:03 AM   #8
montitech
Foster's Legend

Ok I made some screenshots of Frozen Frenzy,

These are examples of combos and good point earners.
Please Do not ask for more explanation of these, some notes were added into the images, but the game takes practice if you never played it before. And if you are use to tetris this game is different and you would have to retrain yourself on spotting combos.

Monty

Old 04-17-2007, 12:05 PM   #9
k0ugs
Settling In

Send a message via AIM to k0ugs

oh man I might have to start playing again if theres a Dr. Mario clone... i use to dominate EVERYONE at that game...

Oh how i miss the ol 8 bit days
Old 04-18-2007, 09:54 AM   #10
montitech
Foster's Legend

Well so far I have experienced a few glitches in Frozen Frenzy.

on several occations after completing a Horizontal row (with a cone in it), it did not give me more scoops. It happend once on Game 1 and twice on game 2.

when completing several things at once, they process one after another, not in parrellel. Horizontal completions take presedence over vertical. in game 2 there are three scoops at a time, and the sunday gives more points when it blows up more scoops. it is hard to detemin how the points are working, I think it is glitchy, but for the most part combos give you points, and cones give you multipliers. but when you get multiple cones inside combos I do not think the scoring is completely consistant, (or at least the pattern is hard to detect without messing up and loosing a spoon)

Power ups are random, some times they are frequent and other times they are not. There is no consistancy.

if a multicolor is used, on horizontal rows it chooses the left match, on vertical it prefers the bottom match.

Sorry for my lack of updating the What you get list, I will post it later this week when I get time, 3 of my four accounts are a day behind due to a BFAHP glitch, and a phone call made me miss what I collected from the Game2 of Frozen Frenzy

Monty