Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:53 PM   #1
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander
Default The Final Fantasy Series

Really, just a look to see what everyone thinks of/if anyone plays the Final Fantasy games, as we seem to have few fans on the forums, from what I can tell.

As for myself, I"m a gigantic fan of the series ever sinc 1998, when I first played Final Fantasy VII. Now, while I loved just about Final Fantasy VII except for one element (that being Cloud), I would actually find my favorite of the Final Fantasy games the next year, when I would purchase it for about thirty dollars used at a FuncoLand (aaaah, FuncoLand, we miss you....).

The Final Fantasy I'm talking about is Final Fantasy VI, or III as it was for its initial release in the States on the SNES.

To me, Final Fantasy VI was everything a role-playing game should be, and I was raised in a family with a heavy emphasis on role-playing games (i.e., when I was a kid my parents would run a D&D campaign and allow me to do the voices of the NPCs and occasionally run a fighter named Wilbur, but I digress). FF VI contained an incredible set of characters, a story that was intriguing for the time (and, while I find the story of FF VII to be deeper, though honestly only by a little bit) and now classic, an enjoyable combat system, and one of the single best original soundtracks I have ever heard in a game. And then there's the matter of the villain of the game, Kefka.

I'll admit my bias here and now: I honestly believe Kefka to be the single best Final Fantasy villain ever created, and the second best video game villain ever (the first being Wilhelm from the Xenosaga series). While I definanetely think Sephiroth deserves a good deal of accord as a good villain, I simply do not think he reached the levels of villainy Kefka aspired to and, in the end, acquired. Everything about Kefka was insanely incredible: his personality, his intentions, the depictions of his evil, and not to mention his theme music.....I could go on and on and on, but won't due to the fact I'd be giving spoilers. I will say this though: one of his powers was basically the equivalent of a death ray that allowed him to strike any area on the planet he so desired. Honestly, the only villain I can think of that ever came close to matching him was Kuja from FF IX.

I can't say I'm unbiased, but I honestly do enjoy all the FF games that I've played. What are your thoughts on the FF series, what's maybe your favorite game and why if you're a fan, and are there any specific characters that stuck with you throughout the years.

Because of my rant above, you can probably tell who my favorite character in the series is, but if you need even more confirmation:

My AIM name-
GrandKefka
My dA name-
Kefka_Almighty
Old 03-16-2007, 12:13 PM   #2
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

i loved Tactics and 9 most of all. Tactics felt like a classic D&D campaign, and 9 was great for all the heart and soul it had (Vivi and Quina...classic!)

i also have Origins, i liked #1 but never beat it. That felt VERY D&D. Never really got into #2. The extras in Origins are great.