Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party!

Notices

Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party! Topics relating to the year-long game at awesomehouseparty.com belong here.

Old 12-06-2006, 07:22 AM   #1
montitech
Foster's Legend

Default Minor BFAHP Game Bugs

I thought it may be nice to start a thread to point out some of the game bugs that do not prohibit us from playing, but would help outline some of the minor issues and inconsistancies found in the game.

a few examples:
WHen finishing the first Christmas adventure with bloo, the ICON when COCO gives the collectibel is for the IF album but the picture is actually the Bloo and Mac album.

GO with the flow on higher levels gives board layouts that are imposible to solve, and since you do not get any points in this game unless you solve the board it is pointless in giving these unsolvable boards. I had drains pointing directly into Blocked spaces, and I have had the boards with 2 drains where there was not enough blank spaces to route both hot and cold water.

In Jet car Jump occationally one of the other caracters would drop off the street and drive strait to the finish on the far right side of the screen without crashing.

In All Washed Up occationally fell completly off the scree and had to wait for timeout. This also happened on at least one other game a few months ago but I forgot which game it was.

Shouldnt the pool be frozen with all the snow?

Having unfinished chores from last login when new update is released causes unusuall gameplay - like mayflower on dock in snow.

on the bright side, some fixes have been introduced.
for example-
the basketball rug was automatically given to anyone that recieved the Inflatable turkey from All washed up
and the Inflatable Turkey was removed if one did not complete level 3 of Jet Car Jump.

I think the bug of Madam Foster saying Bloos soundbytes was also repaired.

On an difficult to solve side:
People not getting a party and not getting the party hat if they missed there birthday - this is hard to solve since one would not want to give the hat to anyone that started BFAHP after their birthday has past, but on the other side of the coin, what about those younger players that were not able to login on there birthday. it is not fair to them.

Another story issue someone that started after september has access to the elevator, but eventually they will catch up, and start playing old adventures. when they reach the Elevator adventure, Will it still make sence? will it be consistant? It has been a while sine I did that adventure so I am really speculating.

I also thought it seemed a bit out of place to have access to the basement before starting the "Trunk in the Basement" adventure if I remember correctly we had to get permission from Madam Foster to enter the basement, but I was able to wonder down there and explore before I started the adventure.
(once again my memory could be poor here)

I hope others can contribute to this list of minor bugs and inconsistancies, maybe the developers would find this and use it improve BFAHP.
but lets hope they focus on NOT having a repeat of Early august. were login errors were happening daily.....

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #2
Prince-Vegeta
Settling In
I am the Prince of all Saiyans.  

A minor bug other than the ones the you already said is with the cloud buddy. Sometimes when playing the cloud buddy will just get stuck at the door and not chase me. After entering another room or leaving he would still be in front of the door and still not move. I tried changing to another boddy and everything went back to normal.
Prince-Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #3
montitech
Foster's Legend

Thats the type of stuf I am hoping people would contribute to this thread,

Thanks

Now only if we could get the developers to look here.

Monty
Old 12-06-2006, 12:41 PM   #4
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Good thread.

The only thing I have to say is the pool wouldn't be frozen if the pump was running, as it ought to be anyways.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #5
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Good thread.

The only thing I have to say is the pool wouldn't be frozen if the pump was running, as it ought to be anyways.
In my experiance that is only on Heated pools,
but I could be wrong..
Monty
Old 12-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #6
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

Thanks for the 'bug' info. It's appreciated.
Carlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:48 AM   #7
montitech
Foster's Legend

another bug seemed to be when you first login to the new update, having the chores leftover from last months update is not consistant and may have been an one of the sources of some of the bugs we experiened with this update. thus I think they should reset the chours when they realse the updates instead of allowing unfinished chours to carrie over.

Monty
Old 12-11-2006, 05:57 PM   #8
Prince-Vegeta
Settling In
I am the Prince of all Saiyans.  

The bug that almost everyone got when they went to the game room. Wilt was there walking through walls, unable to speak to him and the games were flashing.
Prince-Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:22 PM   #9
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince-Vegeta View Post
The bug that almost everyone got when they went to the game room. Wilt was there walking through walls, unable to speak to him and the games were flashing.
I actually did not experiance that bug in any of the four games I am playing at BFAHP but I did have an issue with Wilt's first favor being really broken and it prevented me from doing anything in two of the games.

Monty
Old 12-11-2006, 10:51 PM   #10
Saberclaw
Newly Abandoned

I had a weird glitch a few times in Bedtime Bedlam where the nightmares would get stuck in one spot and rapidly flash between frozen and normal. Really fun when they'd all get stuck in one spot and I could finish the level at my leisure.
Saberclaw is offline   Reply With Quote