Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 01-22-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Default Regarding The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

I apologize if this is in the wrong spot, but I couldn't find anywhere else here to post it.

This is for the anime fans here, and I'm just asking about The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'm aware of all the buzz surrounding the show, as well as some of the internet memes of it, and it's gotten my interest... if only for some images I've seen of some of the lead girls wearing bunny suits, as perverted as it sounds. I just want to know, is it a good anime to watch? I don't want to sound like I'm only watching this for the lead girls... unless that is the case.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:20 AM   #2
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Oh, FF, you are in for a treat if you decide to watch it. I'll give you the basic premise if the show (I'll try to avoid spoilers but I'll put it in spoiler tags anyway )

Spoiler Below
There is this rather eccentric girl named Haruhi. Haruhi refuses to live in the boring real world and wishes is determined to meet fun and interesting beings such as time travelers, ESPers, and aliens. One day a young realist named Kyone finds himself round up into Haruhi's quest. Everything Kyone thought he knew is turned upside down when he finds out that, unknown to herself, Haruhi is the center of the universe. Kyone finds himself thrust with the task to keep Haruhi from becoming bored with the real world or else she will unwittingly erase it and create a new one better suited to her desires.

The show leads to a lot of laugh out loud moments and some really touching scenes. And I'll assure you that the dub is very good. If you are at all interested in this series, FF, I strongly suggest that you watch it. You won't be disappointed.