Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #1
cowssaymoo1
Newly Abandoned

Default Published Article about Foster's....

Hello everyone. My article analyzing Bloo and his relationship to American popular culture has just been published in Popular Culture Review18.2, Summer 2007, 37-47. It's entitled "The Subversive Undercurrent to Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends: Blooregard Q. Kazoo Decontextualizes American Popular Culture." This is an MLA-listed, peer-edited journal. The editor is Dr. Felicia Campbell, University of Nevada, Las Vegas.

I thought you might all be interested to see that Foster's is now on the academic "radar"! I'm hoping to eventually work on a second article on Foster's.

You can learn more about me, if you wish, at www.wanderingcow.net.
cowssaymoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:56 PM   #2
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

That's very heartening cowssaymoo1, do I have to buy a copy of Popular Culture Review18.2, Summer 2007, 37-47 to read it?

I can't promise I'd understand it all but I'll wager I can find some people who can.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:14 PM   #3
cowssaymoo1
Newly Abandoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
That's very heartening cowssaymoo1, do I have to buy a copy of Popular Culture Review18.2, Summer 2007, 37-47 to read it?

I can't promise I'd understand it all but I'll wager I can find some people who can.
Hey Koosie! I don't think you should have to buy it - your local library or university library may be subscribed to receive the journal. It may also be available soon on-line - probably through the MLA International Bibliography. This would be available through a library as well.

And you'll understand it just fine I'm not of the belief that academic writing should be incomprehensible to everyone (including, possibly, the author ).
cowssaymoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 03:57 PM   #4
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

Congrats!