Thread: Wilt
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 01:44 PM   #1038
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I liked the whole concept of Wilt as a WWII veteran myself. I've often compared his nature, his willingness to put others before himself and his own safety, to the general attitudes of "The Greatest Generation". Back in those days, it was commonplace to find people like Wilt, and the freedom of the whole world was saved because of that. Now, most people look after themselves first and figure that the rest of the world will take care of itself. As that generation dies out, folks like Wilt will seem more and more odd and out-of-place, sadly.

What was interesting, though(and I'll put this in spoiler tags for anyone who has not seen the episode yet)
Spoiler Below
was that the nursing home readily accepted Bloo, Wilt, Ed, and Coco, even though it would have to have been OBVIOUS that they were Imaginary Friends, old or not. That does sorta go against a lot of what is said on a certain OTHER forum, about how Imaginary Friends, and Wilt in particular, aren't human and should not be treated as such. The nursing home did not discriminate against them for not LOOKING human, and apparently, the operators did not consider it that odd that Imaginary Friends COULD age, either. That does sorta bolster my little hypothesis(which can now be called a theory, I guess, since it now has some backing from the plot of the series)that even though Imaginary Friends probably live longer and age much more slowly than humans, at least while they can still be around children, perhaps-they DO age, and will eventually die.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote