View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 01:27 PM   #5
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

To me this entire thread begins and ends with just one show that falls under the premise of this discussion....

Arrested Development
Network: Fox
Duration: 3 Seasons
Stars: Jason Bateman, Will Arnett, Portia de Rossi, Tony Hale, Michael Cera, Alia Shawkat, Jessica Walter, Jeffrey Tambor, David Cross and Ron Howard as the Narrator.

Synopsis(From Wikipedia): Arrested Development is a character-driven American comedy television series, which ran from November 2, 2003 to February 10, 2006. It is about a formerly wealthy and habitually dysfunctional family. The series is presented in a fashion reminiscent of documentary film/cinéma vérité, with omniscient narration (by Ron Howard), archival photographs, and historic footage.

This sitcom was the one of the most intelligently written shows in modern television history. And it was almost a crime the way it was treated by the Fox network with it's schedule switching and blatant shortening of the shows last two seasons. And if that wasn't enough they burned off the final four episodes in one night and put it up against the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics for crying out loud. (Much like John Rambo in First Blood: Part Two, they were set up to fail.)

And needless to say I would so be happy if this show came back on the air even for just one more run.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote