Thread: Grindhouse
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 10:47 AM   #17
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Sadly, the god awful "Are we done yet?" had more going for it as far as "advantages" opposed to Grind house. Grind house is rated R, which already sets a limited audience bar, R rated movies usually don't rank in big bucks because of the rating.

Second, much like how "King Kong" lost to "Narnia" last year, Grind house is 3 hours long and that kills any replay value because people aren't usually thrilled to go see a 3 hour movie more then once, sometimes it's that kind of running time that makes people not want to go see it.

Plus, both "Narnia" and "Are we done yet?" are kids films, mostly anyway. The humor is geared towards younger audiences, which is an easy dollar making scheme right there. Kids drag their parents to the movies all the time and that alone has a powerful attraction factor because your not only paying for kids, but the adults who get roped into seeing it as well.

Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) made the "Don't" fake trailer in the film. Fellow fake trailer maker Eli Roth popped up in "Death proof" also. That was actually my favorite of the 2 fims, Tarantino's film. But I do admit, at times the talking got really dragged out of hand.

The first set of girls I didn't mind their conversations, they really helped set up some key elements in the movie. But the second set of girls REALLY drolled on and on for me. Plus, the key part is supposed to be Kurt Russell, since he is the car serial killer here.

I think the movie seriously under used him which is a shame because he was magnificent in this film. Russell has like never played a bad guy and he just kicked ass here, I really think he deserved more air time because he gave a great performance as Stuntman Mike.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 04-09-2007 at 10:50 AM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote