Thread: Grindhouse
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 04:07 PM   #11
Dark "DC" Chaos
Newly Abandoned

Send a message via AIM to Dark "DC" Chaos Send a message via MSN to Dark "DC" Chaos

Having seen this movie, let me give you my review:

Planet Terror: I'd describe it as a zombie movie on steroids; it's filled with enough blood and gore to easily make anyone under the age of 13 get reminded of what they had for dinner last night. (But if you fit into that category, aren't you breaking the rules?) Fortunately, a lot of it is laughable gore, and things get a bit steamy, which is just as funny when you see what happens as a result:
Spoiler Below
The reel "melts" and gets replaced just when a sex scene is about to begin, and resumes the film right after the scene's over; I laughed hard at that.
And it all wraps up nicely at the end. For me, this is easily the better film of the two.
Death Proof: If I knew what I was in for when this movie began, I would've left the theater right when it began. It has the problem a lot of Tarantino movies have: too much idle talk, not enough action. Seriously, 45-55 minutes of talk about how this person misses their boyfriend, or that person almost fell in a ditch, etc. and only 15 minutes of any actual action? How about you make me feel less sympathetic for Kurt Russel's character instead of showing me a bunch of talking heads? At the end, I felt bad for his character, and angry at the girls. Bad job, Quentin. Bad job. You get a D-.

Don't let the name fool you; I'm quite cheerful. ^_^
Dark "DC" Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote