Thread: Sailor Moon
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #9
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Much to think about, there. I can't say much about Rini because I barely know her but you're quite right about bratty kids being able to get away with anything. It's true on Foster's, too; I think most of the residents would love to smack Bloo but good, but no one ever does, and no one ever will. At least he's endearing (usually) when he's behaving badly.

I was very surprised when I first learned that Zoicyte was originally a male character, and in watching the original Japanese episodes, well, it's taken some getting used to; he neither looks nor acts like a male, at least none that I know. I have no doubt that when the show arrived on the cutting room floor in America he made the censors throw a fit, as did the relationship between Uranus and Neptune. It's pathetic, but that's America for you. Let's just be thankful that 4Kids never got a chance to do their usual hatchet job on the show.

I definitely like the music that DiC used better than the original; it's more action-oriented, I think, and a better fit with scenes like Sailor Moon's "Moon Tiara Magic!" attack, for example.

It will be awhile before I see any of the movies, as I am determined to watch everything in chronological order (as defined by the game book) but I'm certainly looking forward to them all.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote