View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 04:19 PM   #10
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Good Lord, this is the last topic I should be writing in. I could go on at length about over a thousand different shows from Andy Richter Controls to Universe to Andy Barker PI. Ah, obscure tv humor. I slay me.

Anyway, here's one I really hated to see just disappear, Wonderfalls. This show from Brian Fuller and Tim Minear was simply incredible. It's about Jaye Tyler, a particularly belligerent clerk at a Niagara Falls gift shop. A poster child for the Y Generation, Jaye was Brown graduate who never quite seem to progress to her full potential until one day inanimate objects in the shape of animals begin to talk to her. They would tell her vague things that would oftentimes lead to misrepresentation which usually led to some of the most interesting chain reactions on television this side of a Larry David episode of Seinfeld. To try to boil this series down to a few sentences has been done, but it doesn't do the series any justice whatsoever.

Anyway, the show as cancelled after only 13 episodes, most of which have never even been aired on television. Fox never gave it much of a chance, choosing to show only 4 episodes before sending in the executioner. It's beeen said, and rightfully so, that if the X-Files and Simpsons would've premiered this decade they never would've made it past season one.

Luckily, Wonderfalls was able to wrap up most of its loose ends, though the tantalizing storylines that were set up for season 2 just makes its passing even sadder. At least it didn't just stop abruptly with some lameass final explanation in Entertainment Weekly like John Doe. Now that was stupid.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote