View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 03:51 PM   #10
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I liked this episode (most of it, anyway) until the end. Finding out that what we thought was Frankie turning things around in The Big Cheese was just her following the directions of Peas was a real letdown. Nor did I like seeing her sitting there on the front steps, feeling dejected and defeated. I think this was a kick in the teeth for Frankie fans. It wasn't a bad episode otherwise, but that ending... it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I feel exactly the same way, Cassini. I might not be a Frankie fan on the same level that you are, obviously, being female, but I certainly do relate to her and admire her. The only real saving grace of "The Big Cheese" for me, aside from Wilt trying to dislodge Cheese from his hand, was how Frankie turned the snide reporter's "dirty laundry" scoop to her-and to Foster's-advantage. I found it really belittling to HER and to her intelligence and resourcefullness to put the credit on this unknown character. I was lukewarm about the character, "Peas", to begin with; I mean, even Wilt isn't THAT overly optimistic! The whole thing with overcoming obstacles seemed to become too "preachy" this time, rather than inspiring. It wasn't a bad episode, and I certainly liked it better than "Ticket to Rod", but it was nothing to write home about, either. The only really big highlight for me was the scene with the killer dust mites lurking in the shag carpet, and that scene with Jackie and Fluffer Nutter-who KNEW? I guess that alone certainly leaves no doubt that Imaginary Friends, whether created by children or not, are certainly capable of some very adult feelings and behavior. Still, the ending was a let-down, a total "cop out" as folks used to say in the '70's.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote