View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #400
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
I don't think it's a matter of "right way" because these days, words take on whole new meanings and it's especially hard to judge these considering that slang is constantly changing. Gay has become a way of saying "this sucks".

Or "this is crap" etc. I use the word sometimes, it's just a matter of preference for slang words. No slang word really bothers me except for "back in the day". I don't know why but it sounds so stupid to say it.

I just never liked the sound of it.
I agree that it's not so much a matter of the "right way" so much as it is that using "gay" to mean "stupid" is offensive and people should stop doing it.

Since using "gay" to describe things that suck means that the person saying it is implying that gay people suck, it's... well, there's not really any way to make that sound acceptable. That's just what it is. I mean, just because that's what it's become doesn't make it right..... even though that was posted at least a week ago HURRR

I totally can't wrap my brain around Cass's "can't print a black-and-white document if I'm out of yellow ink" thing. I just.... what?