Thread: Sailor Moon
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 09:12 PM   #54
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Perfectly okay to revive old threads if you've got a valid reason, dude. I'd say you certainly do. Unfortunately the movies don't fit very well into the series chronology. This article explains it better than I can: https://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/...-the-franchise Interesting article; hope it helps.
I think so. All I got from that is that the movies make no connections to the seasons they were made for, so I can watch them after watching their respective seasons.

Since 10 years (Wowsers! ) have passed since between posts, I should provide what's been happening with me Sailor Moon wise. In 2015, Australian distribution company Madman Entertainment began releasing the uncut Sailor Moon on DVD and Blu-Ray, which contains BOTH the Viz Media dub (one of the DVD extras of season 1 is a behind the scenes look at the dub) and the original Japanese audio. As you can see from this photo below:

I'm only one more DVD away from getting all 200 episodes. I'll be definitely getting into the anime once it's released.
The box sets in the photo above also came with booklets:

They all contain artwork and character bios. Though I'm certain Cass has a much better encyclopedia than mine!

Also, after checking out the Sailor Moon Wiki, I think the TV Special on the DVD may be the SuperS Special that comprises of 3 shorts, which means I have 3 of the 5 specials.

Last edited by frankie_fan; 04-08-2020 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Release date of Part 2 unknown, possibly due to the bloody Coronavirus
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote