View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 09:48 PM   #8
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperor26 View Post
Also, I am beginning to question the crew's choice of writer, specifically, Darrick Bachman. When he made his debut through Bloo's the Boss, I decided to reserve my opinion on him for a while. But after watching episodes like Emancipation Complication, Better Off Ed, The Little Pea and Ticket to Rod, I have to say that Bachman seems to lack insights of the characters, especially Bloo (one of my favorite characters). That, along with the humors and plot, didn't suit me well. For the sake of the season finale, I hope that he doesn't write the season finale.

Speaking of the writers, I really miss other notable ones such as Adam Pava, and I hope that sometimes in the future, he does an episode for Foster's again.
I believe TLP was the season finale, I hate to say it. As for Darrick Bachman himself, I am not sure where to begin. I'm getting this "I want Darrick Bachman ousted" vibe out of some members. If that's the case, I have to warn some of you to be careful what you wish for. It's definitely getting to be louder than hearing people wonder about Craig Lewis's efforts. Personally, I happen to like most of Bachman's episodes. I agree that "Ticket to Rod" wasn't up there with other episodes, and "The Little Peas" was disappointing (I didn't dislike the latter because a certain fan favorite got robbed, I didn't care for it because the episode focused way too much on Peas, which is a character I wasn't very interested in at all, and it was more like a remake of The Big Cheese).

However, he's done some really brilliant episodes. "Schlock Star" was brilliant to me, because the episode consisted of four lesser-known/secondary imaginary friends, and having them in a band made this pretty special. At the same time, we saw a decent amount of time of much of the main characters in there, also. "Nightmare on Wilson Way", I'd say this was probably my second favorite episode from Bachman this season. That was a real Halloween episode, compared to "Bloooo". It was great seeing the gang in costumes, and to see Mac's return [2nd time for the season] to being hooked on sugar (inserts Mac crazy smiley). "Say It Isn't Sew", I enjoyed that one quite a bit.

Here's something else that some of you may not understand. I get this feeling that maybe some of this season's weakest episodes were weaker than Season Four's weakest links, because of different possible reasons: 1. since Season Four ended, two active writers left the series to work on another show (being Adam Pava and Tim McKeon), and 2. that added more work and pressure for the others (not to mention the deadlines), especially Darrick Bachman (who did a huge chunk of the writing for Season Five, and joined the crew later during the 4th season). 3. Lauren Faust, she co-wrote a couple episodes, and one by herself (I think). She's definitely still working on the show. If she's really working less on it, it's probably because of Milky Way and the Galaxy Girls. If she wishes to focus on that some more, then one should respect her decision. 4. Maybe some of us have too high of expectations. That's never a good thing to do, because more often than not, that would lead to disappointments. Just hope that the crew still has a lot of goods left to deliver, and I'm certain that they still do.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote