View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 04:39 PM   #357
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

School is now at its worst, in terms of work, paperwork, student behavior, etc. Next week is the last week of Art classes for me, so this means that I have to get all my student projects evaluated and graded, average all those grades, and enter them into the computer for report cards, no later than next Friday, and I'm talking about 400 students, at two different schools. On top of that, I have to complete a teacher evaluation called a "GBE" that we have to do each year, AND one of the schools where I teach is undergoing an evaluation by the State Dept. of Education next week, so everyone is on edge about that. Starting May 7, for two full weeks, every public school in the state will be involved with the state's all-important standardized tests, which everyone hates except the legistlators, and I will have to either administer it, or serve as a proctor, during that time, so no more Art classes. This makes the regular classroom teachers hate me, since they firmly believe that the only reason I exist is to give them a free period by taking their students off their hands, and when I can't do that, I am subject to whatever hate they can fling my way. The students, meantime, know that they cannot be suspended or put out of school, no matter what they do, because the law requires them to take those tests, so their behavior gets more violent and obnoxious. They know that there's nothing anyone can do to them at this point. I'm exhausted,mentally, emotionally and physically. I've been having to go to bed around 9:30 just to have enough energy to get up the next morning, and I hate it. I want this school year to be over and done with SO BAD; it's been one of the worst, if not THE worst, since I've been teaching, and that's been for over 20 years.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote