View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 02:16 AM   #1515
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

I've been a huge Hitch-Hiker's fan since my early teens. I wasn't wild about the movie though, in part because of how they portrayed my favourite character, Zaphod Beeblebrox. Yes, he's always been an obnoxious egomaniac of truly epic proportions, but he wasn't nearly as stupid in the books as they made him out to be in the film...presumably just to play more aptly into the hands of the added Arthur/Trillian subplot, which was pure Hollywood-ism. Unlike a lot of the critics, I don't believe that Sam Rockwell was miscast in the role. He made an awesome Chuck Barris in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, thus I got all excited when I heard that he was going to be playing Zaphod, and I do still believe that he had the capacity to provide an enjoyable and far more accurate portrayal of the character - it's just that if the script and direction call for him to do nothing more than whoop and wave his arms about for the entire duration of his screentime, there's not a huge deal that the actor can do about it.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 06-01-2008 at 08:35 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote