View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 02:16 PM   #12
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
And I, too am pretty angry at how most shows get no ending. I mean, you got the begginning, and the middle.....where's the end? I think the execs seem to have the same opinion as Bloo in One False Movie: "Noone cares about the ending. So long as everything else is great, noone-". Invader Zim got no ending. It was canceled half-way through season 2.
You kind of answered your own question there, cancellations. TV executives don't "not care about the ending", they don't care about the show PERIOD. If the show is not making them any money then they are going to yank it no matter where the show has gone as far as the storyline is considered.

It's not like they purposely don't like making endings for show, it's the fact that this is a business and what doesn't sell doesn't stay. It's different with TV seeing as you have characters you become attached to and grow and love, but the fact of the matter is TV shows are still nothing more then products.

If a product doesn't sell, it's removed, no matter how far or how short the series has gone. There is some TV networks and executives though that give shows enough time to whip up an ending after they have been canceled. Angel was canned but they got enough time to prepare a finale, same with failed shows like NBC's Kidnapped.

The reason so many shows end without proper endings is 98% of the time, no one has any idea the show has been canceled before it's too late.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 06-20-2007 at 02:17 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote