View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 05:02 PM   #7
leadballoon
Foster's Legend

SUCH a hard question! Especially considering the very impressive choices everyone has made here already Cool music guys!

In no particular order... (except the first one )
1. Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd
---The best album ever made, I think! For incredible lyrics, variety, and earth-shattering instrumentation....I just can't describe it without sounding stupid and clichéd!

2. Discovery - Daft Punk
---Pretty much the most colorful, happy, melodious electonic album I know. Always gets me in a great mood! They also made an amazing anime film with this as the soundtrack - called Interstella 55555 - really unique cartoon.

3. The Orb's Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld - Orb
---A two-disc journey into deep space - ambient joy!

4. The Universal Migrator Part I : The Dream Sequencer - Aryeon
---Epic, synth-ridden progressive album, with a great story. The last man alive attempts to escape his lonliness and pain by entering a virtual-reality trip into the past, and into his dreams..

5. King For A Day, Fool For A Lifetime - Faith No More
---If I had to pick an album from them (one of my favorite bands), I think this has the most variety and punch...although Angel Dust is pretty close

With very honorable mentions to California by Mr. Bungle, Kid A and OK Computer by Radiohead.....

Sorry for long post, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheskink View Post
Magical Mystery Tour - The Beatles
That's my favorite Beatles album!! Although never, EVER watch the film of the same name! What were they ~thinking~......lol
"On a personal level, Freaking Out is a process whereby an individual casts off outmoded and restricting standars of thinking, dress, and social etiquette in order to express CREATIVELY his relationship to his immediate environment and the social structure as a whole."

Frank Zappa, on 'freaking out'

:bloogrin I'm Patrick - PM me if you like!

Last edited by leadballoon; 12-08-2006 at 05:03 PM.
leadballoon is offline   Reply With Quote