View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 09:12 PM   #5
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I think this is a really hard thread to post on because majority of TV shows DON'T get finales. Most are usually canceled before they can complete a show, I see it happen a lot with cartoon shows for example. Out of all the countless Disney toons they made, only 2 got like real actual factual finales and that was Duck Tales and Gargoyles.

The rest either ended abruptly or just left a cliffhanger open for the next season which never comes since like I said.....it's canceled. But as far as good series finales: Buffy the vampire slayer probably is my favorite TV series finale. It ended on a epic, grand scale, it gave hope for the future and truly put on a spectacular show that provided surprises, twists, and some character deaths.

Animated wise: the anime series "Nadia: secret of the blue water" to me had the best ending. Huge storyline, epic as Hell and involved everyone. Every character, question, and plot hole was corrected and answered, they left nothing hanging and settled all your questions perfectly. Now as far as WORST finales, for live TV I'd have to say Home Improvement's ending was pretty bad.

I mean, all they did was move to a new state because their tool TV show was turned into a Jerry Springer knock off? Is that really that much of an epic reason for a show to end on? Seriously, it sounds stupid when you say it out loud. Now far as animated series, there's way too many to list since like 88% of all animes end half assed. No completion, no questions answered, nada. Most of them end up with a simple "here we go again" set up.

Which is nice sometimes but not every show needs it. Sonic the hedgehog SATam series also ended on a miserable finale, they totally set the show up for a BIG 3rd season with new revelations about villains, new discoveries and stuff and it just sucks because your left holding the bag, knowing there was so much more that could have been done with this series. Like Titus.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote