View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 07:30 AM   #7
Another Castle
At Home

I never thought I’d see the day!

Very surprising news to see that both are coming back. Does seem recent to me about the PPGs last reboot, but of course that was six years ago. It never interested me (as none of the original creative talent were involved) and was of course very poorly received. Of course it is a big flagship brand that is well-known, so it probably wouldn’t go away for long.

Fosters surprises me more, as outside the fan base (us!) and watchers who were kids when it originally aired, I assumed it was becoming, well, quite obscure. I didn’t think it was aired or available to watch very easily and wouldn’t expect kids today to know it.

From what I can tell, Craig has never stated a dislike for the PPG reboot, more a disapproval of it happening, but reading between the lines he probably didn’t like it for most of the usual reasons (toy advert, dull, too much pandering humour, distasteful). Maybe it’s not polite or professional to outright criticise a show (as someone in his position), but some of the replies to his Twitter seem to confirm this to me!

As for the new Fosters, I may catch it, but probably wouldn’t watch it regularly as it’s aimed at preschoolers (and I have no offspring!), but for now we can speculate- will we see the whole gang? Is Mac now an adult, and working there? Will Frankie still be around, or will she have her own daughter taking over?

We’ll all have to wait and see!!

Alpha November Oscar Tango Hotel Echo Romeo
Charlie Alpha Sierra Tango Lima Echo
Another Castle is offline   Reply With Quote