View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 07:42 AM   #94
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloo2daMacs View Post
Well, when you think about it, and imaginary friend is like a son or daughter (Or a brother/sister, but let's go with son/daughter for a sec here). So, Mr. H is Madame Foster's son. Which means, she's like a brother to Frankie's mother, thusly her uncle.... right?

That seems a little confusing too. Hm. Well, I've given my input on the matter.
Near the beginning, Frankie is talking to herself at one point, about leaving an Imaginary Friend in a box, and she says something along the lines of, "I'd be a rabbit's niece if I..." then after she says it, she sorta pauses as if realizing, "Wait a minute...I AM a rabbit's niece!" I have a suspicion that Mr. Herriman has harbored some degree of jealousy over that, since HE was around first, before her or her father(Madame Foster's biological son, as I believe was revealed by Craig to one of our staff who attended the last Comic-Con, which explains why Frankie carries on the family name), yet he must be wondering just which one of them means more to his creator-her Imaginary Friend, or her granddaughter, and which of them perhaps will eventually become the owner of Foster's Home. AND, at times, Mr. Herriman has a bit of a point about Frankie being "immature"; as much as I like her, I can see(especially after this movie)that she's struggling hard with that transition between becoming a full-fledged adult and still holding onto being a little girl. Her utter delight at indulging in innocent little-girl fantasies(dressing up like a fairy tale princess, riding a unicorn, living in a castle, etc.)is obvious, certainly NOT the sort of fantasies that many grown-up women indulge in, that's for sure! Still, it's kinda nice, and sad, too, in a way, to see someone else struggling through this particular stage in life, one that most of us older gals can still recall, and it makes Frankie so much more real and believable as a character.

pitbulllady

Last edited by pitbulllady; 11-28-2008 at 07:45 AM.
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote