View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

I recognise so much of what you say there Lynnie.

Nobody planned it but the retail economy of our nations are now pretty much dependent on Christmas and that's why the hyped-up plastic Christmas is so ruthlessly imposed on us. It may also be necessary on a psychological level to have a festival of warmth and bright colours in the dark season. Not that that's a lot of good to those in the southern hemisphere.

Usually on Christmas eve there's a stronger link between boring old cynical me and the little human who really felt that magic. It was such a rare event then too! Even our youngest members must have noticed the way time speeds up. These days it's more oh no not again! Then there's the fact I'm always broke in winter anyhow.

All the same it's a good festival with the little baby and all the animals and stuff. I like the thing the Catalans do with the wood there even if it is a bit odd. I used to feel sorry for the trees that were cut down just to be covered in stuff and slowly dry out in heated living-rooms but it turns out they're pretty much ok with it. Makes room for more trees and the Spruces do grow very fast.

Aw....Snicket

Last edited by koosie; 12-02-2009 at 09:27 AM.
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote