View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 05:29 AM   #3
Another Castle
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie_fan View Post
Phineas and Ferb has already become one of Disney's most successful programs ever created.
Wow! Really? I knew it was surprisingly popular (I mean, more successful than they were expecting it to be)

I enjoy this show, yet the main premise is nearly the same in every episode (they make an invention, invite their friends to play with it, Perry disappears and battles Doofenschmertz, Candice tries to bust them, a musical number, and it gets destroyed/covered up at the end). It does a great job of varying this plot, and still works every time. Are there any episodes that don't follow this outline?
My favorite ones so far are the one with the large bowling ball, and the one involving a bubble and a driving test!

It sounds a little unusual to hear a genuine British voice on an American cartoon. I was surprised when I found out the man who plays the dad is Richard O'Brien, who is well known to people of my generation for hosting a gameshow in the 1990s.
Something I have just thought of now- the success of Harry Potter and the Ninja Turtles lead to a rise in owls and turtles as pets (although neither are suitable!)- I wonder if this show has made the Platypus more popular?

Here's the only other cartoon Platypus I can think of:http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tuaw.com/...5/platypus.jpg
(a mascot from the Olympics games 2000)

Alpha November Oscar Tango Hotel Echo Romeo
Charlie Alpha Sierra Tango Lima Echo

Last edited by Another Castle; 03-28-2010 at 05:30 AM.
Another Castle is offline   Reply With Quote