View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 03:49 PM   #40
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Yeah, it does! Although, I have to admit, it reminds me even more of my other favorite animated(or ANY) fictional character, Randall from Monsters, Inc.. I can see how it relates to Wilt, though. Even though Wilt is gentle and compassionate, there is a certain...I don't know..."coldness" or "distance" about him. He keeps his feelings, for the most part, very much to himself, and he's reluctant to really show affection, although I'd love to believe he FEELS it. He's also very, very slow to accept OTHERS' affection for HIM. It's like that scene in GWH when he and Jordan are finally reunited, and Jordan pulls up his own sleeve to show that old red,white and blue wrist band, that fell off of Wilt's mangled arm 30 years ago, to show that Jordan has held onto that one keepsake of the most influential person in his life for that long. Wilt almost tears up, but bites back on that emotion, and even when he does relent and hugs his creator, there's still this impression that he's holding back, not wanting to appear weak or something. He doesn't seem to want others to have feelings of affection for him, though hopefully, as his wounded spirit finally heals of the 30-year burden it's carried, Wilt will begin to open up to others more and more.

pitbulllady
Oh, thank goodness I?m not the only one who sees the connection here! (I don?t exactly see the connection between Randall and "Desperado," though. It?s been a while since I?ve watched the movie though...) Wilt just seems like he keeps his feelings to himself because he doesn't want to burden other people with his well-being. I definitely think that he's capable of feeling affection; he, sadly, doesn't show it that often. I suppose that perhaps the reason Wilt is slow to ACCEPT affection is that maybe he thinks that eventually, he'll just let down the people who love him, so he doesn't quite beleive that someone is willing to love him. Although I do have to say that maybe it's a good thing Wilt didn't cry when he hugged Jordan, because I would've started crying and my parents would have asked, "Why are you crying?" and rolled their eyes at my show of emotion over such a tender moment IN A CARTOON. I think not crying might be a guy thing. <rolls eyes> The reason I thought that this song applied to Wilt was because it was almost like a plea to him to open up other people. Hopefully we'll more of that soon enough.

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote