View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 02:39 PM   #6
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
It's being written by a supergroup of writers from the show's prime. And I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I've read lots of praise from people who believe the show's quality has declined. Those are some good signs.
That?s reassuring to know, though whatever fondness I had for the Simpsons burnt out so long ago that I can?t force myself to feel even mildly excited about this film. I haven?t been happy with the show since Season 9, and I have a gloomy suspicion that this project is being churned out largely for the sake of it, rather than there being any pressing need to take things theatrical (there?s been talk of a Simpsons feature film since the early 90s, with the writers constantly expressing doubts of it ever taking off due to story development problems). I hope at the very least they can come up with a more imaginative title than ?the Simpsons Movie?.

I?ll wait to see what the reception?s like, but so far I have only one real incentive to see this film. The Simpsons? greatest contribution to the world, if you ask me, came in the form of their semi-regular villain Sideshow Bob (wow, what a showman). I?m pleased to see that Kelsey Grammer?s on the cast list.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote