View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 04:05 AM   #7
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I never even watched Cartoon Network prior to Foster's, and I didn't start watching IT until after the second season was well underway. I started watching it specifically because of Wilt, and all I'd seen of him had been fanart on Deviant Art. Something about his looks, his design, caught my eye and intrigued me, even though I'd never heard his voice, never seen him move, and had no idea how he acted. Once I'd actually watched the show(I think the first re-run I caught was "Partying Is Such Sweet Soiree"), I was a total goner, taken in hook, line and sinker! I STILL cannot explain, though, what it is specifically about Wilt's looks that I find so handsome, but at least I can take solace that I'm not the only one! As for his behavior, I think it appeals to some deep female instinct to find a male that is caring, compassionate, knows when to be gentle and when to be firm, and extremely versitile to boot. Some ancient part of our brains is hard-wired to think, "Now THIS would be a great provider for me and my family, a protector when need be, and not a threat to me in any way." I grew up with two men who were like that, my father and grandfather, so I guess I'm more than a little "spoiled" when it comes to a man meeting my high expectations-unfair of me, I must say, but I can't help it. Wilt is the closest thing I've seen to meeting my expectations, so it's really a shame that he's an animated character. There aren't many people who can do all the things he does, and THEY have both arms and both eyes still. That's one of the reasons why I believe that Jordan was subconciously creating not just a friend who'd help him with his game, but a father figure, since Wilt does all those things that dads used to take care of, from car engine repair to lawn care to house cleaning. I don't think that Wilt is naive at all, but due to his obsession with not upsetting someone else, he'll take a back seat and just sort of keep what he knows to himself. A good case in point is in "Foster's Goes To Europe", when Bloo was "coaching" everyone on how to speak "French". Wilt obviously KNEW that wasn't French, and it wouldn't surprise me if HE couldn't actually speak a few words of French himself, but rather than just say, "Hey, Bloo-NO WAY that's French", he took a different approach, and decided that the point wasn't worth arguing over.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote