View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 06:39 PM   #5
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I mean, 10 years ago, if someone had asked me to describe, in terms of LOOKS, what I considered to be a really attractive guy, I SERIOUSLY doubt that I would have thought of anyone who was 10 feet tall, had bright red skin, was missing an arm and blind in one eye, and had eyes up on stalks on top of his head!
I can't believe you forgot his cute little lobes on his head. XD

Now, let's start on HOW THE HECK did I ever learn about who this Tall Red Dude whose height is mostly made up by his long stick legs =

I have been a fan of Wilt since I first saw his promotional AD on TV on July 2005 ("That guy is TALL.", anyone remember those ADs?) and I was like "Oh I GOTTA find out what this is" and back then, the website for Foster's was pretty basic, y'know, with white background, the logo in the middle, the 5 main characters appeared in small circles the "orbited" the logo, and if you clicked on a character, he/she (for Coco) would just walk in from the distance, as if the background was fog? I had watched the character clips over and over again as the characters' circle thingies appeared in the website when the characters were introduced in the ADs. And when I finally saw the pilot, and Wilt was appearing, I COULD NOT hold back a squeal for the fact that the soon-to-be the NEXT BEST ROLE-MODEL EVER was finally getting his intro. Reading his description I was like "Whoa."

What I DID NOT see coming was how low his voice was. Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect it to be high-pitched, but y'know, like a standard low voice. What came to mind was "Whoa, his voice actor must be nuts."

But as I got more used to this...character who is called an imaginary friend named "Wilt" (Which I rarely stress the "T" in the name regularly, I make it sound like a "D". XD), I got more interested in him, noticing how nice he truly was (And wasn't mentioned in his first description, the staff said he was HELPFUL, but didn't say he was NICE, but we learned that he was by watching the show) and I came to the conclusion that he was a little naive as well. Not stupid, but naive.

I'm glad his appearance isn't based off of Tiny Tim in some way. People would love a character that, like the rest, would stand out from the crowd. Like Bloo is blue and small and admitedly adorable, Coco is a mix of things her creator went through/saw, Eduardo is the big purple monster who is a softy on the inside, so here's Wilt, who is the tall red dude who was made to coach his creator in the ways of Basketball. Basket-Paul anyone? At least he CAN play it! XD

With no cheating allowed, Foul Larry's out of Wilt's league, basketball-wise. 'Nuff said.

Doi...now that you think about it, you people have no clue how much we have in common...
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote