View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 02:39 PM   #3
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

The Foster's cast is really the only cast of voice actors I'm familiar with right now. I remember a few years ago taking note of who did the voices of my favorite cartoon characters in other cartoons, but they didn't stick to my brain like the Foster's gang have.

Yes, Grey is SOOO talented. And she's one busy lady! What, with a new baby and all, and yet she's doing....*counting*.... at least five cartoons all at the same time. And she sings too! Wow, I really admire her. She's got to be one of my favorites as well. I watch..er..hear her in Billy and Mandy, Curious George, and sometimes Fairly Odd Parents. She's amazing.

Tom Kenny is another really talented voice actor who's in a number of cartoons at the same time (although he does't have a new baby, and as far as I know, doesn't sing). But he can do so many things with his voice. I like him in Camp Lazlo as Lumpus and Slinkman. He's awesome.

I've mentioned elsewhere I'm a big fan of Sean's. I liked him in 13 Going on 30 even before I knew he was the same guy who did Mac's voice. I remember how excited I was when I found that out. Most of his voice acting so far in in video games, though, and as I've also mentioned elsewhere, I'm not really into the whole game scene (nothing against them, I just never got into them). So not familiar with him there. But I've seen a number of his guest appearances in TV shows and a few movies, and he's growing into a great actor.

Candi's also extremely talented, and has done a LOT of stuff. She started out singing for clubs and even had a show on the Disney Cruise ship. And she has a knack for manipulating her voice to sound like machinery or something, not just living humans/animals/imaginary friends. I suppose it's just unfortunate that she hasn't done the voice for any of my favorite characters yet, so I haven't looked into her as much as I've done the others.

I'm not that familiar with Keith or Phil because there's not much out there about them, although I definately think they're both awesome in Foster's. I know Keith has done some voice work for video games, and Phil was on MADtv for a while. But I didn't watch MAD much (was more of an SNL fan, I suppose), and again, I'm not familiar really with any VGs. And poor Tom Kane, I don't think very many people even know who he is. But I sure know he does a great Herriman.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote