Old 01-28-2008, 06:59 PM   #20
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
They COULDN'T contact Mac in "Something Old, Something New", not before he showed up at the house, anyway. Mac's mom does not know he still has contact with his Imaginary Friend, plus, Mac would have been at school, and schools absolutely DO NOT allow anyone outside of a child's immediate family, or anyone on a list of allowable people provided by the family, to contact children. We can't take chances with all the nut-cases out there.
In trying to see the scene from a real life point of view, I still think they went bazurk too soon. I can see them worrying about Bloo, wondering where he is, but someone sensible like Frankie or Wilt assuring everyone "Let's not worry too much yet. He might just be with Mac." And then when Mac shows up without Bloo, yeah, then they'd have reason to go bazurk. Looking at it from a Foster's universe point of view, I think an IF could have stopped by Mac's school while he was out at recess, or meeting him after school, and asking if he knew where Bloo was. Imaginary Man met him after school, on the school grounds. So they could have just sent an IF to contact Mac if they were worried enough. Either way would have been more sensible than going crazy at Bloo's disappearance before Mac even showed up at the house.

Although that little tidbit always bugged me, I'm not at all trashing the eppie though. I rather liked it. Madame F's quirkiness was pure fun. And I loved how Mac was annoyed with her, yet still respectful. We haven't seen the two interact so much before.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote