View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 02:11 AM   #12
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Hmm, the dust from S5 is still settling here, but after seeing the episodes a number of times now, and in random order, I'm starting to see the season as a whole a little clearer. It's growing on me, as I expected.

At first I very nearly loathed "Cheese A Go-Go", because Cheese was sooo dang annoying, and I of course hate what Frankie had to go through. But as I've seen the episode more, and catch things I hadn't previously, I don't hate it quite as much as I did a few months ago. I'm learning to appreciate it as an actual episode, not just a story about Frankie's worst day in history (well, one of two).

"Ticket to Rod" however is getting more boring to me. There are still things I enjoy about it (the show tunes are fun, as I've seen most of those movies, and Mac is adorible wearing a suit), but I'm just not picking up on any new and fun things in the episode. Therefore it has become kind of boring. I feel I've seen it enough already.

"The Bloo Superdude" will always fascinate me I think. I'm always looking deeper into that story, and coming up with amusing theories.

I've also caught a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense to me, or just outright dumb (imo). For instance, it bothered me in "Something Old, Something Bloo" that the house would go bazurk over Bloo's disappearance before even contacting Mac first. Bloo could have been with him the whole time! That just didn't sit well with me. It always bothered me somewhat with the suicidal teardrop friend in "Bride to Beat", not so much the friend, but suicide itself. And even though I loved that episode (Bloo was just too funny!), it also annoyed me how Mac thought Bloo wouldn't understand about him being a ring bearer. Why wouldn't Bloo understand that? Because he'd be wearing a tux, and Bloo would poke fun at him? Perhaps, I suppose. But it still isn't a good reason to keep the wedding from Bloo. I still wish in "Schlock Star" that they played a second song at least once, instead of "Talk to the Jeans" two and a half times. I would have loved to hear a second song by Pizza Party. Anyway, to sum up, I've found more nit-picks in this season than I've found in the other seasons, and can't help but feel something is starting to slip. But still, it wasn't a bad season. It still held a lot of very entertaining and outright funny moments for me.

Now onward to season 6.
They COULDN'T contact Mac in "Something Old, Something New", not before he showed up at the house, anyway. Mac's mom does not know he still has contact with his Imaginary Friend, plus, Mac would have been at school, and schools absolutely DO NOT allow anyone outside of a child's immediate family, or anyone on a list of allowable people provided by the family, to contact children. We can't take chances with all the nut-cases out there.

On the wedding thing-yeah, I think Mac was worried that Bloo would have made fun of him for going to the wedding, period, whether or not he was wearing a tux. Just the fact that Mac was IN the wedding would have probably generated some real heavy-duty sarcasm from his Imaginary Friend, especially since attending the wedding would have meant putting off his time with Bloo, and you know that Bloo considers himself the center of the universe!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote