Thread: Wilt
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 12:45 PM   #1020
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
I wonder why Wilt is getting beat up this season? Why do the writers like to beat up Wilt & Frankie? Especally since they're some of the most popular characters (Wilt moreso than Frankie).
My guess is that the producers KNOW that a lot of people (like the people on TV.com) feel that Frankie and Witl are serious character's. I know of a few people who think Wilt is TOO serious. Anyways, for reasons unknown, younger viewers appear to like it when serious character's are in distress, like on the old Tom and Jerry cartoons where Tom gets hit over the head with an ironing board, or hit with something so his face moulds to that shape. Of course, Foster's isn't a very violent cartoon, infact, the most violent cartoon I know of these days is probably Billy and Mandy (which isn't really VIOLENT at all, just a bit... eck), and because Foster's isn't very violent, I suppose the producers try to wind up the more serious character's in some way to ammuse the younger viewers. We aren't the only people who watch the show after all, and even though alot of us aren't to keen on Wilt or Frankie getting picked on or going completely off the deep end (though Wilt's little Temper Tantrum down the phone still puts me in hysterics) it's what a lot of the younger viewers like to see. it's like seeing your stuffy old head teacher pants in the middle of the busy school corridor I suppose...
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote