View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 09:13 PM   #1570
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Futurama: The Beast With a Billion Backs

The second in the quadrilogy of direct to DVD films from one of the best animated series' in the past 20 years. While the first film (Bender's Big Score) felt more epic and had the slightly better story. BWBB had a lot more of the classic Futurama wit and charm, plus it gave ample face time to a lot of the popular supporting characters who got short changed in BBS. Kif, Calculon, Zapp Brannigan and Wernstrom! for example all got a pretty good amount of screen time.

Anyone who is the slightest fan of Futurama would do well to check this one out.
Speaking of Bender's Big Score, I found that time-travel plot confusing, which I guess was probably sort of the point. Then again, I found the time-travel plot in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure fairly confusing as well. I think maybe my brain can't handle anything more than the most linear plot possible. I still can't really keep Harry Potter's straight.

If Fry and Leela don't get together by the end of all this I'll probably have an aneurysm.