View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 08:48 PM   #3
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

I know how you feel about animation improving, Lynnie - I hope to get a job in storyboarddng/writing for shows. My art teacher tells me I'm good with facial expressions

Here are two RJ expressions from Over the Hedge that I'm fond of, too:

Towards the end of the movie,
Spoiler Below
RJ has a change of heart and decides to save his new "family" he grew to love over the week. Vincent the Bear is not amused. RJ uses the Wagon Fulla Junk Food to head towards the Verminator's van. As he and Verne try to make amends, Verne notices Vincent charging towards the van and keeps telling RJ he's coming. RJ mistakes "bear" for numerous rhymes until realizes...

"Oh -- BEAR!!"

I love how you can see the panic on RJ, Stella and Verne's (all in order) faces and Vincent's reflection...

Spoiler Below
As the chase heats up, Vincent gets a large hammer from the rabbit toy on top of the van

RJ + blunt weapon =

...and continuing from the "dot dot dots" on the top, that RJ's face in both these scenes made me tear up a lung with laughing so hard. time a million. Srsly.

Mainly because RJ's pupils shrink and his irises(?) grow HUGE and bright. The way his jaws juts out in the second picture just make it better.
But what killed me was his girly screams xD Who knew Bruce Willis had such a girl scream

---

(Oh and the reason these are clearer than Surf's Up was because OtH isn't on iTunes yet, and I only had the fullscreen DVD)

Last edited by Nyo; 02-20-2009 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Added note - and typos suck
Nyo is offline   Reply With Quote