View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 09:04 AM   #10
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Oh yeah, I can completely relate to Wilt on the compulsive apologising thing. It drives my friends and family crazy, but I usually can’t help it. It doesn’t take a great deal to make me feel anxious or guilty, partly as a result of having OCD, and apologising tends to be my instinctive way of dealing with it, even when I know it isn’t really necessary. It’s one of the reasons why Wilt is my favourite character - his neurosis reminds me so much of my own. Plus, bottling up resentment over a period of time until it finally explodes (a la Bus the two of us) is something I’ve been through a lot in the past.

I hope to be able to cut the constant apologising out eventually (because really, it doesn‘t do much good for me in the long run), but Wilt will always remain a great role model nonetheless, for his kind and altruistic nature. Even if his emotional wounds eventually heal, let’s hope he never loses that wonderful quality.

Still, there is a part of me that seriously envies Coco. If I could have her free spirit and Wilt's kind heart, that would be ideal.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 02-23-2007 at 08:09 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote