View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 02:30 PM   #21
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
For a while CN I felt seriously overplayed this episode, and I kind of got tired of it. I remember during last year's "Red, White and Bloo" marathon, I took the oportunity to take a shower when this episode came on because I didn't mind missing it. Now that I haven't seen it in a little while, though, I think I've recovered. I like this episode too, and I thought it was cool all the movie paradies they did in it. The only thing I didn't like so much was the out of character actions of Mac when he stole Madame F's antiques and sold them to make money. Shame on you Mac!

I'm not the most avid movie watcher, but I caught a lot of movie spoofs, whether directly or indirectly. I'm sure I'm missing some, but here are the main ones I noticed-

James Bond movies
Treasure Island
Star Wars
Peter Pan
The Matrix
Planet of the Apes
Harry Potter
Rush Hour
ET

A more avid movie watcher would be able to name more.

Add to that list the old Clint Eastwood "Spaghetti Western", The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, which provided fodder for that unforgettable shoot-out scene with the Cocos, and Citizen Cane, with the Big Baby. And can't forget the Rocky Horror Picture Show-esqu treatment of "Blooregard Q. Kazoo's" name in the opening credits!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote