Thread: "Imposters"
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 02:18 PM   #32
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

While this is not one of my favorite episodes, and I do feel sorry for Frankie, it isn't entirely Goofball's fault. Goofball was behaving no worse than Bloo - less so, if you look at how often he was nice to her. He gets flak because "He hurt Frankie," not because of anythign else. Keep in mind that all he saw was a certifiably insane employee constantly raving that he isn't an Imaginary Friend when absolutely everybody else recognized him for what he was. He didn't have all of the extra-show knowledge we do.

I agree that Frankie doesn't deserve the garbage she always goes through. I think I see the point of the episode, but it wasn't developed well enough. The key is in the beginning, when she's gloating and charging Bloo for every time he's "wrong" on anything, including small grammatical mistakes. If they had spent more time showing her doing things like that, the episode - which was entirely about Frankie being wrong in something - would not have seemed so terrible. On one side, she could have solved it all by politely asking Goofball about his nose in front of everyone else, and THEN getting belligerant if he tried dodging. Instead, she went "GRRARRGH ME SMASH!" and jumped for him.

The purpose of the episode wasn't, "Hahaha! Isn't it funny when Frankie's tortured!" It wasn't, "Goofball is HITLER!" What it was meant to be was, "Hey, kids. Don't gloat about always being right, or thigns will crash down upon your head." They didn't spend enough time showing Frankie gloating and charging Bloo - a few more examples of bloo having to pay money for grammar or spelling might have been appropriate.

Last edited by Ridureyu; 12-07-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Ridureyu is offline   Reply With Quote