Thread: Duchess
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 02:36 PM   #18
DoubleLatte
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyElephant View Post
Which is exactly why Foster's needs her...every show needs that antagonist, the character everyone loves to hate. While I certainly wouldn't want to see her in large doses, a little bit of Duchess (no "t", consarn it) adds a little bit of conflict that makes the show more interesting. And unlike certain other unpleasant IFs who shall..erm...remain nameless, I don't get a feeling of maliciousness with Duchess. She's a royal pain in the you-know-what, but she can't help it...it's just who she is.
Exactly.

And, don't hate me, but when I first saw Duchess, I flinched a little at the uncanny resemblance between her and myself, in terms of bossing around and high maintenance, and dare I say it... maybe some narcissism. :3 The only reason I don't reach the heights of blatant rudeness like Duchess is because I have to restrain myself to be a likeable and civilized individual. But deep down, yeah, I probably would be a Duchess myself. I was her creator, in fact. ;p

Hey, at least I'm honest with myself, and the truth stings; particularly when someone else points that out to you.
DoubleLatte is offline   Reply With Quote