View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 04:34 PM   #5
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Happy birthday NF! I may not have been here from the very beginning, but 8 years is still pretty impressive. I'd like to think I made some life long friends here, and it really did have an impact on my life there for a few years. I too started out at TV.com, and Cartoon Brew, and Toon Zone, and IMDb. I was reluctant to join NF because I thought I was joining enough forums already as it was.

Ahh, good times. I have fond memories of the chat room. I remember when Blooregard himself hacked into the forum, stole the Admin title from Sparky, and caused havok for a day. I remember the thrill of having Craig and/or Lauren log in and post something. I remember having to avoid the forum for a few hours while waiting patiently for the new ep to air on the West Coast or deal with spoilers. I remember how passionate we were about this little show about a sweet 8 year old boy, his rambunctious imaginary friend, and the foster home we all came to love so much. And such discussions we'd have, analyzing every last detail of every ep and every character.

I remember the glorious fan art. I had never tried my hand at fan art until I joined here, and I'm still proud of my own art thread buried somewhere in your fan art section. I remember how exciting it was to have the characters appear in a dream, and then being able to share it. I remember being anxious about news from the Up Front, and anticipating photos and sightings at Comic Con. And I remember the spam section in its hay day. The fun. The drama. Even the occasional romance that evolved between a few members. And this picture-

It's been a wild ride at times. But it's all been worth it. Thank you for the memories, NF.

Last edited by Lynnie; 07-14-2015 at 04:39 PM. Reason: dangit autocorrect!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote