Thread: Duchess
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 08:30 AM   #53
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Duchess was the one not-Frankie subject I asked Craig about last Sunday. He told me that they never created her creator but he was an artistic prodigy of a sort, creating pettigreed, artistic Imaginary Friends much as Picasso or Van Gogh would create paintings, and the IF's he created were for sale to those who could afford them, much as we might purchase high-end paintings and sculptures. Duchess ended up at Foster's because of her attitude; no one was willing to put up with her, including (I assume) her creator and his parents. I didn't ask about her age but if she was created to look the way she looks now, she could possibly be much younger than we've thought. Another point to ponder is that she's a sentient being but is also for sale, which has some serious implications. Thoughts, anyone?
Wow, I never would have suspected that. Thank you very much for doing the appropriate research, Cass, since, as I've said previosuly, Duchess's history has always been a subject of great interest to me. I wonder if they intend to bring it up in any of the remaining episodes...if they do, then I'm guessing that it won't be too major a plot point, if Craig was happy to divulge those details there and then. It certainly accounts for why Mr. Herriman regards her as a "pedigree" imaginary friend.

I also take it then that her creator didn't intentionally design her to be so cold and antagonistic? Maybe Duchess actually resents the motivations behind her genesis, despite (outwardly at least) being very proud of her pedigree, and her hostility is in some way a reaction against this. Could it be that she really has self-esteem issues deep down inside? Maybe. It's certainly brilliant fan fiction fodder, at any rate.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 08-02-2008 at 08:31 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote