View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 07:53 AM   #20
Diamond Duchess
Banned
I love chocolate cake, I like pencil erasers, too...  

I'm with the general population on how this movie was: It was a bad idea.

I initially believed the concept of Ben 10 was better suited for the cartoon, and it turns out I was right. Though it could have been more entertaining if it were better executed, no such luck here. After seeing the movie for the first time last night, here are my thoughts on the subject.

1. The acting for this movie was hard to watch. Everybody, excluding Grandpa Max, seemed stiff and uninterested. The kids playing Ben and Gwen seemed unexperienced and whiny, but that's just me.

2. The villian here did not seem like a major threat compared to the other villians featured on the show. During my viewing of the film, I just felt like snarking him in general: his appearance, what he did, how he did it, etc.

3. The movie's plot seemed uneven in the Ben 10 canon. It just didn't fit well.

4. Despite my other compliants regarding the film, I will say that I liked the alien work. The aliens looked great in 3-D, and they worked well. Other than that, however, everything else in the film was unsettling and akward.

As for the whole film, I'd stick with this show as a cartoon, thank you very much. Maybe this film should be percieved as a cautionary tale for future Cartoon Network live-action endeavors: Don't make existing cartoon programs into live-action. Just don't.

I am aware that I may be regurgitating the opinions of the general population of this forum by stating this, but I feel it had to be said. Cartoons to live-action usually doesn't work for many cartoons, and the concept should be put to rest for awhile to favor more original concepts that preferabably stick to one medium only.
Diamond Duchess is offline   Reply With Quote