View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 08:28 AM   #18
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimTheLost View Post
I hated both finales to Buffy anf Angel.

Buffy's was just: "ooh look a hole."
Angels was: big fight and looked like it was going to have a next season.

And I hated the Rosanne finale. It irked me to no end.
I actually liked Buffy's ending because it really did what nothing could do through out the show: leave Sunnydale. The characters there always ended up coming back and because of the evil that existed there, no one could ever truly leave and get on with their lives. Plus that was a KICK ASS final battle with the Uber Vamps.

Angel's I felt was even better because the show is a dark, sadistic gloomy show and it's no surprise the show would end on a similar note. Having Angel and his crew facing oblivion after killing all the big head demons of the world, and not knowing what'll happen next was a very provocative way to leave them. Sometimes I like wondering what's gonna happen next.

Because even if they died, it's that "dark mystery" and "unknown" that made Angel the dark show that it was. Angel was a lot more depressing then Buffy was and you'll notice that the characters suffer much more in this show too, Joss Whedon even admits that he's a sadist when it comes to Angel. So what better way to end it then to have him facing oblivion in a last stand-ish kinda way?
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote