Thread: Foster's Dreams
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 08:05 AM   #386
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I had a really funny Foster's dream last night that still had me sniggering when I woke up, which is no mean feat, considering I had to get up early for a doctor's appointment to have blood work done, something I seldom look forward to. In the dream, Wilt and Frankie were at a supermarket, with a buggy-load of groceries, waiting in the check-out line in front of some guy who was constantly, and loudly, complaining about inflation and prices to no one in particular.

Guy: "Man, can you BELIEVE how much stuff costs nowadays? I mean, a jar of COFFEE is eight bucks! EIGHT BUCKS! Just look at this, man...five bucks just for a double roll of paper towel! I can remember when paper towel was just a buck a roll! I mean, what are we supposed to clean up with when the kid knocks over his Kool-Aid all over the table, huh? As if the darned Kool-Aid was free, man, I tell ya...! And gas...don't EVEN get me started on gas prices! And just think, after I leave THIS place, I gotta go shopping for a new suit to wear to my wife's cousin's sister's daughter's wedding! THAT'S gonna cost me an arm and a leg, you can bet on THAT!

You can see Frankie's expression, that she's getting increasingly annoyed with the guy, and the line isn't moving, either. She looks at her watch and rolls her eyes as he keeps on...

Wilt, to Guy(wearing that Randall Boggs grin of his): "Yeah, I know just what you mean about clothes costing an arm and a leg, believe me! But if you're shopping for a new suit, you oughta try Jone's Mens Shop over on Broad Avenue; they're having a 1/2-price sale(waggles stump of left arm)!"

The guy looks at Wilt's stubby arm, with an increasingly horrified expression, then says, "Uh...thanks...for that...piece of advice...I'll...you know, keep that in mind!" and he hastily backs out of the line with his buggy, presumably to go find another line that doesn't have Wilt in it, still glancing back over his shoulder at Wilt, who still has that wicked grin plastered all over his face, while Frankie struggles not to bust out in a fit of laughter, then, without saying a word, she and Wilt "high-five" each other, and a few of the by-standers in the store check-out line start clapping, obviously glad to be rid of the loud guy!

pitbulllady
I can see that as an episode!

Last edited by Mac-a-lacka; 06-22-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote