View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Lightning quick, now! As I mentioned, I'm posting these swiftly while I still can, so that those of you who enjoy these fanfics of mine don't get too upset when I don't post anything for a week. That is, if anyone cares enough to be upset, which I doubt, but I'm not taking that chance. Also, for those who care, this is the first time I've done actual research for a fanfic. I wanted to know what department is in charge of orphanages and foster care in the states, so I wiki'd it. I hope you all appreciate the VAST effort that took.

Chapter 2: Spring Cleaning

Frankie walked contentedly down the halls of Fosters. Maybe it was the fact that she was on top of her jobs for once, or the fact that Bloo had done something nice for her recently (which was also a rarity), but she just felt on top of the world today (yes, a bad omen, I know.).
"Hey, there Jackie, how's it hangin'?"
"Not bad."
"Cowboy, nice to see you! Hey, Duchess!"
"Bite me."
"Hey, Handy. Need a hand?" Frankie called, then pulled a splinter out of Handy's palm.
"Thanks Frankie!"
Frankie was going to get herself a cup of coffee, when she heard some frantic mutterings coming from Mr Herriman's office. Frankie looked inside to find Mr Herriman's office floor literally covered with piles of paperwork. Mr Herriman was in the middle of it all, frantically picking up papers, looking at them, then throwing them down again.
"What the heck is going on, Mr H?" Frankie asked.
"Ah, Miss Frances." Mr Herriman seemed to regain his composure somewhat at the sound of Frankie's voice. "I have just recieved word that there shall be an inspection of Fosters by the Department of Social Services at twelve o clock tomorrow, and I shall require you to make sure that the house is emaculate. I myself have too much paperwork to triple-check before then."
"What? An inspection? Just out of the blue?"
"Indeed, Miss Frances, and you should tell the friends that I expect them on their best behaviour."
"Uh..okay, Mr Herriman." Frankie said, and backed out of Mr Herriman's office as he went back to panicking. Frankie walked down the hall, wondering what to make of this. "Well, things shouldn't be too bad, I guess, as long as noone does anything-"
ZOOM! At that moment, a lawn mower came racing through the hall, with Bloo hanging off the back end. Mac came racing after it, turining the corner a little too sharply and knocked over a vase, which smashed on the ground. He payed this no heed and kept on chasing after Bloo. Frankie snatched him up as he ran by.
"Mac! What's going on!?"
"I don't know! Bloo said he should mow the carpet and I said it was a good idea but I didn't know he'd go THROUGH with it!"
"Why, Mac? WHY?!!"
"He said he was "spring cleaning"!"
The two then heard an explosion from around the corner, and Bloo yelling "Okay, Mac! I got it to stop!"
"Alright, Mac. I need you to keep Bloo distracted for a moment." said Frankie, thinking fast. "Help him cover up the evidence or something."
"But why-"
"Just do it!" cried Frankie, running away from the scene of destruction.

"Wallpaper?" asked Wilt.
"Co."
"Water? Is it water?" asked Eduardo.
"Co."
"Water isn't even in the room, Eduardo." admonished Wilt.
"Oops. Sorry...........Is it Senor Wilt?"
"Co co."
"Well I'm sorry, but I'm stumped."
"Me too. Okay, what was it you spy Coco?"
"Coco coco!"
"I'm sorry, Coco, but there isn't any weiner dog in the room."
Coco then layed an egg, which opened up to reveal a plush weiner dog toy. Eduardo picked it up and started to hug it.
"Oh.....okay...." said Wilt. Then Frankie burst into the room.
"Guys! I need you to do me a huge favour! See, there's an inspector coming over from the Department of Social Services to inspect the house, and everything needs to be in tip-top shape or they could close us down!" The three imanginary freinds gasped at this. "Yeah, so I need you guys to make sure that Bloo doesn't mess things up while he's here. Can you do that for me? And don't let him know what's going on or he'll act up for sure."
"What abot Mac? He's normally the problem solver around here." asked Wilt.
"It's all gonna go on while he's at school so we can't get Mac to bail us out and stop Bloo from acting all crazy this time."
"Well, I'm okay with that. We're three adult imaginary friends. i mean, we don't need an eight-year-old to help us perform a simple task, right guys?"
"Oh, sorry, Wilt. I was not listening to you, I was listening to Christina."
"Christina?"
"Me new weiner dog."
Coco, on the other hand, was trying to balance on her head.