Thread: Mother of Mac
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 01:59 AM   #97
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Where I live, some of the HUMANS are nastier, stinkier and sloppier than any of the IF's, and I'm NOT exaggerating!
That's the dilemma right there. While there may be some imaginary friends who'd pose something of a hygiene problem to restaurants and other such venues, there'd also many others, like Mr. Herriman, for example, who'd be far more dignified and orderly than a lot of the human patrons, and who could complain that it's unfair to lump them all into the same catagory upon such grounds. And yet, if such distinctions were made, those IFs within the "less desirable" catagories could argue that this would constitute discrimination, upon the grounds that they can't help being designed as they are. IFs may not be human, but, as PBL points out, the notion of "rights" in itself is a highly arbitrary and subjective one, and the fact that they possess speech and sentience does at least give them the power to demand equal rights, however likely they actually are to achieve them. It's the same kind of ethical dilemma we'd be liable to face if an artifically intelligent lifeform ever became self-aware, I guess.

Erm, so, Mac's mother...I wonder if she has facial scarring?

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 07-15-2008 at 04:32 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote