View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 08:43 PM   #20
montitech
Foster's Legend

If it needs java, I guess you chose not to use TADS, Adrift or Inform.

I wrote several enviroments in TADS.

The biggest issue in creating IF(text adventures), is the quality of the parser. if the gramer of the parser is too limited or the commom synonyms are not implemented it drives people nuts..

if the grammer is too limited them it may be better to just have a couple of buttons as to your choices instead of a full Adventure.

As for adding images, be carefull, I found Images best in a "Magic Scroll" format, one image for each major location or situation. Since I cannot draw I usually stay away from images completely but if I am not playing a Graphical adventure then I prefer either no pictures of Limited pictures that show something (like an optional clue), but are not required. Zork zero had Excellent use of graphics.

Sound usually distracts since people read at different rates, and changing sound tracks between scenes may not flow smoothly.

I would like to help playtest,(if I am invited to- I did not see a link to the game yet) but I just started a new Job last friday so I do not know how much time I would have to contribute,

Monty

Last edited by montitech; 10-21-2007 at 08:45 PM.
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote