View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 05:12 PM   #1
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace
Default Fosters - Sleepover

Hey guys, if you've been on here since last December when I joined (or look at old threads) you know I was working on a Fosters online game, a pet site/adventure game crossover. Well I have long since scraped the idea of making a site (after finding PHP is WAAAAY over my head) and for awhile now It's become an idea to make a PC adventure game.

Well now that I finally have the full version of Adventure Maker I can get the ball rolling! But I thought this would be an awesome community project, so maybe you guys would like to help out!

The games story is that Mac is over at Fosters for a sleepover, and something happens that causes a grand adventure with many Fosters characters (main and stock) puzzles, quests and some good old comedy. As you can see theres lots of wiggle room there!

===

Pretty much every position on the game can be filled. (except programmer, I'd much rather work alone on this, and you'd need to have the full version of the program I'm using to help anyway and it's $70.00 USD)
Here are the jobs we need help with:

Sprite artist - We're going for a classic look, here you don't need some omg amazing program to make them. MS Paint is good for this XD For this job we'll need walking sprites of Mac (he's the playable character) walking left, right, up, down and standing poses of left and right. (I can ref you to a walk cycle tutorials if you need one!) and other chars in standing poses. The save the files as high quality BMPs with a bg colour that is not used in the sprites. I'll edit them and save them as super high quality GIF's. The GIF's are not animated, the program will do this it's self.

Story Writers - Write the road stops, and the basic idea of the game.

Dialog Writers - Write conversations in the game. This is prob one of the hardest jobs. If you've played a adventure game you know that there is almost a limitless amount of dialog characters can talk about. You will need to know the characters VERY well for this. Although you could be assigned to one character, we'll see how this one goes.

Puzzle Writes - The people who write the puzzles, combining items, getting things for NPC's, this is the stuff that moves the plot forward. And please, not just "Find the key to open the door!" Thats lame ._.

Other? - If I am unable to make all the BG's for the game myself that could be a job. Other things are open too such as beta testers

===

FAQ (will edit as more are asked):

Q. Are you making money off this, will I be paid for helping?
A. No, this is all love for this fandom, I don't have extra cash to pay you and CN would slap us with a serious legal pwn if we tired to sell it. It's freeware =D

Q. CAN I HELP =DDD
A. Yep, the more the merrier! All I need form you is a bit of dedication (BTW, real life > game, I understand this)
your e-mail (or if you don't want to give me that, I'd like to know if you have e-mail alerts on for messages sent on this forum. If you do I'll PM you here instead)
and your AIM SN (if you can't d/l AIM on your computer there is a java version of it that you can use just to connect to the network and be in that chats we'll have to talk about the game)

Q. Chats?
A. Well, we'll all need to get together to talk about whats happening with the game right? Chat's will happen at whatever time is best for everybody. If you can't make it to one it's ok, I log everything on AIM so you can read the transcript latter on.

Q. Deadline?
A. No, were free to take whatever it takes to make a good game

===

So, thats all I can think of right now! I hope you guys like the idea and can maybe help out a bit. Thankz for readin' guys