Thread: Sailor Moon
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 09:29 PM   #2
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

No surprise I'd be posting here I have loved Sailor Moon since the first time I saw it back in the early morning airing of the show they had when I was in high school. I was always pissed because I had to head off to my high school half way into the episode and I'd have to leave tapes running to catch the episodes.

It was a pain but it was worth it because there is a reason Sailor Moon is one of the most famous animes of all time: it's phenomenal. It's a classic, simple, easy to follow story with super powered girls who are attractive, fun, and like Cass said, in depth. They are well crafted, unique individuals with diverse personalities.

This show may have been aimed towards girls more but I never felt bad for watching the show as I grew up. I love it then and I still love it today. My favorite scout (no surprise to Cass) is Jupiter for reasons I already stated in the toon crush thread, but a close second would be Raye/Sailor Mars.

Even though I seriously hate her smart ass attitude and at times bratty behavior, I feel she's got the most unique background of the scouts with her fortune telling and her mystic mumbo jumbo lifestyle. I think she's also drop dead gorgeous (but not even in Jupiter's league) and I think she has the sexiest outfit of the scouts.

The romance element is one thing I always loved about this show. Seeing Raye, Amy, and of course Serena falling in love with their own guys was one of the true perks of the show. And call me a geek at heart, but Serena and Darien are truly the anime version of Romeo and Juliet if you ask me.

They are a perfect couple and their relationship was one of the things that drew me to the show. Now onto the "favs". My favorite villain would be Wise man from the Rini/Neo Tokyo saga. Now I'm going to list my fav/least episode and since you said you didn't want any forewarning Cass, I hope this doesn't upset you.

I don't consider these episodes spoiler material but that's your call Cass. My favorite is one called "Kitty Chaos" and it takes place during Zoicyte's turn in the Queen Beryl saga. It's my favorite episode because it's hilarious to see Luna in trouble for a change and actually getting crushed on by another cat.

It also has probably the funniest "funny moments" I've ever seen. I won't spoil it for you but it involves 3 of the scouts stuck in a alleyway, that's all I'll say . I have other favs but that's the only one I can recall, I'd like to say a Jupiter episode but sadly she has too few to remember .

My least favorite would be "Serena Times 2", with the introduction of the BRAT RAT Rini, who I possibly loathe and find to be extremely annoying and obnoxious. I don't care for her and it took forever for her to mellow out. Also my favorite Sailor Moon movie would be movie 1 of the 3, "Promise of the Rose".
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote