View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 01:45 AM   #3
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFoppy View Post
Well, I thought this episode looked not so thoroughly written...

Why did Terrence scream after meeting him and why did Eduardo get pain if he only made jokes? And why did he had weapons and traps etc. in his room?
And Bloo's plan of destroying the clocks could also not work when someone had a watch.

P.S.: Somehow I already saw this episode 5 times and only figured out last time that "Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania" comes from that episode. It might be harder cuz I don't see episodes in English (only when I'm watching them on YouTube) But you can still hear it.
The weapons(such as the sledgehammers)and the steel traps in the New Guy's room are all actually references to some popular American comedians, since that sort of comedy was the New Guy's thing. The sledgehammers are a reference to a comedian called "Gallager"(whose name I probably mispelled), whose well-known skits include sledgehammering a watermelon on stage, sending chunks of melon all over the audience. Penn and Teller did a skit once involving steel traps and often use all sorts of awful-looking implements in their acts. At first, the traps and things just make the New Guy seem more menacing-until you find out that he's a wannabe comedian, and then you are supposed to make that connection between his comedy and those things in his room.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote