View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 11:29 AM   #57
Nem
At Home
There's no "I" in team, but there's a "me" if you jumble it up a bit...  

Send a message via AIM to Nem Send a message via MSN to Nem

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
That reminds me...any of you(besides Sparky; I know she was)a fan of the old Nicktoon, "AHHHH! Real Monsters"? There was an episode where the three main monster student characters-Ickis(my favorite, poor widdle cute guy), Krumm, and Oblina-all had to scare someone at the opera house. By a sheer fluke, they actually succeded, but when they got back to the Monster Academy the mind-reader/projector thingie(I forget what it was called)broke down, so they could not just replay what happened, and each had to verbally tell his/her own version of the scare. Each told a drastically different version, and in each version, the other two monsters were constantly screwing up and putting the trio in jeopardy, and the one doing the telling always portrayed himself/herself as the hero who saved the day. Krumm's version was depicted in very simply, child-like stick drawings, and was extremely simple, because he just wasn't the sharpest tack in the toolbox, and Ickis, like Bloo, always throught of himself as some larger-than-life superhero with bulging biceps and six-pack abs, even though(again, like Bloo), he was really a sawed-off runt with major insecurity issues.
It would have indeed been quite interesting to have seen how Ed, Coco, Wilt and Frankie all recounted that particular incident(well, we sorta hear a condensed version of Frankie's take on it, near the end), with Ed no doubt going on about what "big meanies" everyone else was, and Wilt describing how everyone else was being so childish and irresponsible so he just KNEW Mac's Game Guy would wind up being broken, and Coco...man, who knows WHAT Coco would have to say!

Addendum-Just remembered the name of that projector/chair/mind reader thingie in "AHH! Real Monsters"; it was called the "Viewfinder"-looked like a cross between one of those big salon hair dryers and an electric chair.

pitbulllady
I actually remember that show, it was one of my favorites when I was little :] I loved Ickis, he was awesome with his big huge ears =D

I vaguely remember that episode, but now that you mention it I do see the similarities. Makes me want to see the episode even more now D:
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote